Hello, I am Judith Wambui Preston
Education & Experience
I’ve practiced in settings that include community mental health agencies, a children’s hospital, and college counseling center. I have worked with children, teens, adults, and families and provided individual, family, and group therapy. I have also facilitated psycho-education groups/classes and supervised counselors in training and independently licensed counselors.
- BA; Nairobi University, Nairobi Kenya
- MA: International Affairs, Ohio University, Athens Ohio
- M.S.Ed., :Clinical Mental Health Counseling; Old Dominion University, Norfolk Virginia
- Licensed Professional Counselor, LPC 2010 (#0701004803)
- Approved Clinical Supervisor, ACS 2019 (#3420)
- National Certified Counselor, NCC 2006 (#208413)
- Certified Substance Abuse Counselor, CSAC 2006 (#0710102208)
- Approved Clinical Supervisor; VA Board of Counseling
- EMDR Trained: Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing: (A therapy recognized as effective in treating trauma)
We Value Diversity and Inclusion
Centered Counseling Services LLC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender expression and identity, age, country of origin (ancestry), ethnicity, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status.
Treatment Approach and Orientation
My work focuses on creating a safe space for my clients so they can learn new ways of experiencing themselves, their relationships and environment. I believe in taking a collaborative approach to helping clients reach their goals and I practice from an anti-racist, social justice and culturally sustaining lens. I believe access to mental health is a human right.
I offer a wide range of appointments to accommodate those with busy schedules.
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday: 10:00 am-6:00 pm
Saturday: 9:00 am-12:00 pm