Hello, I am Judith
I founded Centered Counseling Services, LLC to provide Trauma Informed Mental Health Services to those in need of a safe place to process and work through difficult issues. I believe when we feel supported, we become less afraid, more centered and connected to our lives. We also see ourselves more clearly, learn how to identify and meet our needs. My hope for you is that you can participate in your life in a way that makes sense to you.
I’ve served in community and city mental health agencies, local children’s hospital, and a local university. I have worked with children, teens, adults, and families. I have provided individual, family, group therapy, psycho-education groups/classes and supervised those entering the profession.
My specialties include working with individuals struggling with depression, anxiety, substance use, negative childhood experiences/trauma, emotional eating and life transitions.
My approach to counseling is focused on our therapeutic relationship. Together we figure out what you need and how you can accomplish your goals
- Bachelor of Arts degree; Nairobi University, Nairobi Kenya
- Master’s degree; Ohio University, Athens Ohio
- Master’s degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling; Old Dominion University, Norfolk Virginia
- Trained as an EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing) therapist. A therapy recognized as effective in treating trauma
- Approved Clinical Supervisor; VA Board of Counseling.
- Approved Clinical Supervisor; Center for Credentialing & Education
- Licensed Professional Counselor, LPC 2010 (#0701004803)
- Approved Clinical Supervisor, ACS 2019 (#3420)
- National Certified Counselor, NCC 2006 (#208413)
- Certified Substance Abuse Counselor, CSAC 2006 (#0710102208)
A little bit about me
I am Kenyan-American
I enjoy walking in nature, listening to podcasts, watching crime shows, writing poetry, practicing meditation, and spending time with my family and friends.
I consider myself a global citizen, a strong proponent, and advocate for human rights, racial, social and economic justice. I believe access to mental health is a human right.
My practice is open to all
Centered Counseling Services does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender expression and identity, age, country of origin (ancestry), ethnicity, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status.
Treatment Approach and Orientation
I meet you where you are. We establish a therapeutic relationship and together at your pace we forge ahead to new spaces and insights. We focus on your goals, strengths, gifts and values.
I offer a wide range of appointments to accommodate those with busy schedules.
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday: 10:00 am-6:00 pm
Saturday: 9:00 am-12:00 pm