What is therapy?
Therapy is a collaborative treatment based on the relationship between you and your therapist. A therapist provides a supportive, nurturing environment, that allows you to feel safe, talk openly with someone neutral, objective and non-judgmental.
The goal is to help you work through your problems, become more self-aware, increase insight, develop coping skills, and manage life’s transitions. Sometimes it may help you understand how past trauma/negative childhood experiences may be impacting your current functioning.
Therapy can foster a sense of well-being, bring balance and meaning into your life. Therapy is a gift to yourself and those around you.
Some key points about therapy
- Therapy usually takes place face to face or web-based for 45-60 minutes
- The process of therapy is collaborative
- Therapy can also be done in group settings
- Therapy is a process where you and your therapist develop a close therapeutic relationship
- Everything in therapy is confidential except when you or another person is at risk of harm
No group therapy sessions scheduled at this time. Information will be uploaded as soon as topics, dates and times have been determined.
No psycho-education classes scheduled at this time. Information will be uploaded as soon as topics, dates and times have been determined.
A typical Individual therapy session is 45-60 minutes long
A typical Group Therapy Session is 50-90 minutes long